Monday, September 28, 2009


Today is a blue day, a day I feel like I have been walking around with a dark heavy rain cloud hanging over my head all day. I have spent the entire day beating myself up over not being able to find a job. I have worked insanely hard doing everything I can to find something and yet nothing has come about from those efforts, not so much as an interview. I guess I have gotten a few of those rejection letter, those that tell you that you have all the necessary skill and attributes that they are looking for, but there are people in the hiring pool who are just that much better. What does that mean? What can I do to end my frustrations and finally find a job, and get back to life as I enjoyed it and will one day enjoy it again?

What I don't understand is how I continue to work my butt of for these assholes, make things happen in a positive manner for the companies I work for and then in an instant I am out of work, hell my last job I received a 30percent raise, that says I was doing something right!!! Is that I become too good at what I do and I become to expensive? Or is it that I show these guys how to do it properly and they realize that now they know how to do it better then they did before, they don't need me around anymore, and they can save some cash? Whatever it is I don't like it or appreciate it.

Now I need to figure out how to get in the doors of some of these companies and see if I can get myself at least an interview, I would feel so much better if I new that I did not do well in an interview and that was the reason that I did not get hired, rather then the feeling of being lost in the shuffle on the other 130 thousand people who are out of work in the Portland metropolitan area.

Anyway I guess I can do right now is keep my head up and keep plowing away, trying to find something before the winter hits and I truly become depressed.....

No comments:

Post a Comment